Location: Vernon, British Columbia
Posted: January 20, 2024
Deadline: March 20, 2024
Salary: $55,000 - $70,000
Castanet News has an immediate opening for a news director in Vernon, B.C.
We are seeking an experienced journalist to lead news coverage in the North Okanagan.
Successful applicants will reside in or near Vernon and produce local news that resonates with residents and the broader region. You will manage and mentor a team of reporters while representing Castanet in the community.
You will be a self-starter who is comfortable working independently, while at the same time, in close coordination with a larger team.
You will be responsible for maintaining standards and act as a leader on our news team while also providing news coverage yourself.
This position is primarily writing-based, however, broadcast knowledge and video editing skills are considered an asset. Training can be provided.
Castanet News has a weekly audience of more than 600,000 unique visitors a week and more than 11 million page views. At a time when most media outlets are shrinking, we are growing.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment, juggling multiple deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Canadian Press style
- Social media and computer savvy
- Valid drivers license and vehicle
- Ability to manage, mentor and inspire a small team
- Availability to work when news happens, both in the office and remotely with a team of journalists throughout the B.C. Interior.
If you are interested, send a resume along with a cover note stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
455 Lawrence Avenue
Tel: (250) 860-5050