|Online Reporter Correspondent
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posted: November 20, 2023
Deadline: January 20, 2024
We are seeking a skilled journalist who is ready to join our Ottawa team as an online Reporter/Correspondent. If you enjoy chasing exciting stories and the opportunity to contribute to our talented news crew in the beautiful city of Ottawa, we would love to hear from you.
Highlights of this opportunity:
- Research and pitch your own story ideas;
- Cover daily breaking news; meet and develop new contacts as you travel nearby and to remote communities;
- Enjoy more creative control over your stories;
- Join a team that provides coverage of the issues facing Indigenous communities locally, nationally and worldwide;
- Craft high quality stories and demonstrate great time management skills;
- Demonstrate your strong communication skills while interacting with the public and remote colleagues.
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
- A degree/diploma in journalism or related field related to journalism;
- Solid judgment, research techniques and the ability to be flexible, and make contacts;
- A strong ability to articulate and effectively communicate issues relevant to Indigenous communities;
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of the Canadian Press style guide;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English;
- An Indigenous language or French are assets;
- A valid driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched - Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers! Please apply before Thursday, November 30, 2023 by sending a resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
339 Portage Ave.
Tel: (204) 947-9331
Fax: (204) 943-2368
Web address: http://www.aptn.ca