Location: Merritt, British Columbia
Posted: September 14, 2023
Deadline: November 14, 2023
Castanet News has openings for three reporters in the B.C. Interior.
We are seeking journalists to help launch additional bureaus and expand our network in the communities of Salmon Arm, Merritt and Osoyoos.
Successful applicants will reside in or near these communities and produce local news that resonates with residents and the broader region. You will be a self-starter who is comfortable working independently, while at the same time, in close coordination with a larger team.
Previous experience with video editing software is an asset, but training can also be provided. The successful applicant will be excited about covering a variety of topics: city council, courts, community groups and breaking news.
Castanet News has a weekly audience of over 600,000 unique visitors a week and more than 11 million page views. At a time when most media outlets are shrinking, we are growing.
- Ability to produce multiple tightly written, informative stories a day
- Comfortable reporting in multiple formats
- Connected to the community with a knowledge of current issues and a network of contacts in the B.C. Interior
- Must be social media and computer savvy
- Valid driver's licence and vehicle
- Availability to work when news happens, both in the office and remotely with a team of journalists throughout the B.C. Interior.
If you are interested, send a resume and demo - along with a cover note stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to: