Black Press - Shuswap Region
Location: Salmon Arm, British Columbia
Posted: August 5, 2023
Black Press Media is looking for a dynamic multimedia publisher who will be responsible for the Shuswap region and oversee the revenue development for the Salmon Arm Observer, Shuswap Market and Eagle Valley News. This position is based in Salmon Arm. Black Press Media is the largest media company in British Columbia with more than 90 franchises across Western Canada.
Have we sold you yet? Oh wait, that’s your job!
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Develop new sources of revenue and ad plans; build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Maintain and grow existing accounts on your own book of business.
- Manage and conform to all processes and systems pertaining to display advertising, including ad booking, credit procedures, pre-paid accounts and maintaining the CRM.
- Train and assist multimedia sales representatives.
- Ensure all existing features/supplements reach their per-page revenue and quotas as set out in the operating budget.
- Ensure all press times for specialty supplements are in place 3 months before publishing as indicated on the yearly sales plan.
- Build and maintain Community Engagement Plan for all staff.
- Build and maintain relationships and community engagement initiatives.
- Manage staff attendance and expectations.
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services, competitor activities, and other research.
- Oversee and work with the editorial and circulation team.
- Represent Black Press at social and client functions when appropriate to do so.
Black Press Media is a leading North American local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
If you are ready for a challenge and all the benefits that come with it, send your resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
Karen Hill, group publisher
Black Press - Shuswap Okanagan Division