The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada/Faith Today
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posted: May 17, 2023
Summary: Meaningful work on key Canadian issues across society and in Christian churches. Lead social media and
contribute to journalistic stories in print, video and audio. Hybrid
(typically in Ottawa office 2d, wah 3d).
This new full-time position is envisioned as salaried and including
health benefits. However a contract arrangement without benefits is
Location: Ottawa-based hybrid
Anticipated start: June 1, 2023 or as soon as possible after that. Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Description: The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada is
seeking a full-time communications specialist to join its
Communications Team, serving all parts of this national Christian
organization including the EFC Centre for Faith and Public Life, EFC
Centre for Ministry Partnership and Innovation, EFC Centre for Research
on Church and Faith, Faith Today magazine and various podcast and video
This hybrid position requiring at least two days each week in person
at the EFC Ottawa office near Parliament Hill is perfect for an experienced communications
expert who loves to work on a team. The successful candidate will have
proven skills in social media, copywriting, editing and creating
journalistic stories in a range of media including recording and editing
video, crafting compelling text and producing audio communications.
A key function to this role is the creation and posting of social
media communications across all three Centres and Faith Today. This
includes creation of graphics, analysis of traffic statistics
(analytics) and developing an effective and comprehensive social media
strategy for growth in numbers and engagement.
Another key function is serving as part of the editorial team of
Faith Today, known as the home of Canada’s Christian conversation,
helping to produce compelling content for the popular print magazine,
audio podcast and new video series, Faith Today TV.
The Communications Specialist will participate with the rest of the
Communications Team in writing content and providing editing skills to
the three EFC Centres and various EFC newsletters and email campaigns as
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Proven experience in creating and implementing a successful social media strategy for a not-for-profit
- A diploma or degree in journalism, media production or related field
- Strong skills in researching, writing and editing print and digital
copy in English; fluency in French or another second language welcome
- An understanding and respect for the Canadian and global Church, and
the unique role of the evangelical sector within the broader Church
- Strong skills in producing audiovisual communications and/or broadcast journalism
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and
written, including ability to appropriately navigate cultural and other
- A team-oriented approach, able to build professional relationships with team members while still working well on their own.
- A commitment to follow Jesus Christ and willingness to annually sign
agreement to the EFC’s statement of faith, its objects and employee code
- A willingness to uphold the primary organizational end of the EFC (“Uniting Evangelicals to bless Canada in the name of Jesus”).
Interested candidates should send resume, clippings and a cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin' s Journalism Job Board, to:
Karen Stiller, Director of Communications
Evangelical Fellowship of Canada/Faith Today
Web address: http://www.TheEFC.ca/Jobs