Stratford Beacon Herald (Postmedia)
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Posted: May 13, 2023
Postmedia is a Canadian news media company representing more than 130 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offer advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
The ideal candidate is an enterprising self-starter and team player with a sense for stories that resonate with Stratford's unique position in the cultural landscape. The candidate should be able to cultivate sources, find stories buried in documents and break news on tight deadlines, while writing in a way that is clear, concise and engaging.
What you’ll do:
- Reporting and writing stories for print, web and mobile audiences – as well as tailoring content to meet the varying needs of those platforms.
- Initiating and developing ideas for enterprise stories and investigative projects.
- Cultivating sources and establishing expertise in order to break stories and set the news agenda.
- Filing video clips for digital platforms; working with digital teams to create interactive maps and graphics, searchable databases, and other multimedia elements.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
- You have 3+ years of newsroom experience.
- Flexibility to write effectively in breaking news, features and short form is essential.
- You need an ability to identify trends and drivers behind the news that allows you to explain why and how, as well as what is happening.
- A talent for explanatory journalism is a must.
- Being strong with data analysis is an asset.
- Experience and strength in video or podcast presentation is an asset.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover note - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin' s Journalism Job Board - to: email@example.com.