Regina Leader-Post (Postmedia)
|Reporter (1-year temporary)
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posted: May 5, 2023
Postmedia is a Canadian news media company representing more than 130 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
The Regina Leader-Post is seeking a journalist who will help drive superior coverage of issues and events to fill a full-time, one-year term vacancy. Excellent news reporting and writing skills are required, as well as the ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced multimedia news environment.
The successful candidate will be expected to break news and produce innovative reporting as part of the news team. Applicants are expected to have excellent news judgment and demonstrable strengths in accurate, clean reporting, and a proven ability to initiate stories and enterprise features.
Beyond reporting capabilities, candidates should understand the goals and opportunities offered by digital platforms to break news and reach audiences. The successful candidate must be comfortable with filing stories for multiple platforms on tight deadlines, and be keen to learn and experiment to find new ways to tell stories and engage readers.
What you’ll do:
- Reporting and writing stories for web and print audiences – as well as tailoring content to meet the varying needs of those platforms.
- Initiating and developing ideas for enterprise stories and investigative projects.
- Cultivating sources and establishing expertise in order to break stories.
- Working with digital teams to create other multimedia elements.
Who you are:
- Experience at a daily news organization in a deadline-oriented reporting/writing role.
- Fluency in digital platforms, multimedia journalism and social media.
- Ability to work quickly and independently, meet multiple deadlines, and make efficient decisions.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a newsroom team.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover note, stati mg you found this job on Jeff Gaulin’s Journalism Job Board, to:
Regina Leader-Post (Postmedia)
1964 Park Street