CollingwoodToday.ca (Village Media)
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
Posted: April 24, 2023
We are currently seeking a talented and motivated freelance journalist to write for our CollingwoodToday news site.
We are born digital, but at the heart of what we do is community storytelling and we are looking for writers who can help us cover a number of diverse subject areas.
- Are driven to find the people behind the stories that matter in their communities
- Know how to capture passions, struggles and triumphs and communicate them in a compelling way
- Love digging for a story and explaining the big picture to our readers
- Are committed to fairness, accuracy and journalism ethics
- Have exceptional writing skills
You should have:
- A degree or diploma in journalism, or a related field
- Superior language, writing and editing skills
- Strong photography skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with the Collingwood, Ontario community is an asset
To apply, please submit a cover letter (stating you found this job on Gaulin Media) and resume, along with relevant samples of your work. Applications for all current openings must be submitted through the Village Media Portal.
About Village Media
Village Media is where local news lives—and thrives. An ever-expanding network of community journalism websites, we cover the stories that matter most: the ones right in our backyards. A champion of hyperlocal news and information, Village Media publishes its articles on an innovative and scalable content management system (CMS) developed in-house. Born digital, our leading-edge company is a pioneer in its industry, continuously expanding its reach and changing the landscape of online news. Village Media is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff, volunteers, programs and partners. We encourage applicants of diverse abilities, backgrounds, and life experiences to apply. If you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact email@example.com.