Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Posted: November 22, 2022
Coastal Front is a Vancouver, B.C.-based media company. In an increasingly polarized world, we need fact-based journalism more than ever to navigate the complexities of the 21st century. Our fundamental mission is to advocate for transparency and accountability in all levels of government. Read, watch, listen — join the conversation.
Coastal Front is looking to hire an investigative journalist to join our Vancouver-based team.
Is seeking the truth and reporting on facts important to you? Then we are looking for you.
This role will entail the following activities:
- Researching newsworthy stories, politics, and analysis of government / financial policies;
- Staying ahead of Canadian news, politics, finance, and culture;
- Analysis of content and organizing your findings in a logical way;
- Writing content to create a story around the subject or topic;
- Collaborating with the Executive Producer of Coastal Front to prepare scripts for filming;
- Working with the marketing team at Coastal Front to write content and distribute through various online platforms and social media channels.
- An undergraduate degree in Journalism or higher level of education; bonus if you have experience in Politics.
- Industry experience or passion for writing or politics;
- Knowledge of the Canadian Press style
- Vibrant and professional demeanor;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced knowledge of photography, videography and editing;
- Attention to articulate clearly;
- Self-starter attributes, motivated and hardworking;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Adaptability to work in a constantly changing and highly demanding environment;
- Able to present a polished appearance in a formal business environment;
- Comfortable using cloud and Android applications: WhatsApp, Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs,) Box, Salesforce, LinkedIn, and Slack.
What we have to offer:
- Competitive full-time salary and potential for bonuses;
- Extended health benefits package including Medical / Dental coverage;
- Other benefits including weekly catered lunches, health & wellness perks, fun team events and daily healthy snacks.
If this sounds like you, please email us your resume and writing samples, in the subject line "Investigative Journalist" to email@example.com and your LinkedIn profile URL. Please state in your cover note that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board. This posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is hired.