Location: Westmount, Quebec
Posted: November 15, 2022
Deadline: January 20, 2023
CIM Magazine, Canada's foremost mining magazine is offering a 12-week paid internship opportunity for upper-year students and recent graduates. The intern will work remotely from home and have the chance to have input in all facets of magazine editorial (print and online versions).
During the internship, the intern will mainly be called upon to write and edit copy, conduct interviews, attend story meetings and see the magazine progress through the production cycle.
CIM Magazine is published by the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM) eight times per year and distributed to more than 10,000 CIM members and at industry-related events and conferences throughout the year.
Our coverage of mining includes the technical, financial, social and environmental aspects of the industry. Each issue of the magazine contains:
- product briefs
- columns from experts in the field
- a number of short features
- a profile of a mining project
- a long-form feature story
- updates on various activities of the Institute
- stories from mining's history
- The intern will work 35 hours per week for 12 weeks. Due to the remote aspect, technical requirements are a phone, internet and a computer with camera and microphone.
- Essential: some news writing and editing experience
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Proficient interviewing skills
- Good time management
- Creative and curious
- Important: familiarity with Canadian Press style
- You don't need to be familiar with mining, but it helps.
Submit a resume, portfolio of recent work and a letter of intent, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board and outlining how this internship is a good fit for both yourself and CIM Magazine.
Send by e-mail, with INTERNSHIP APPLICATION and your name in the subject line, and send to:
Michele Beacom, managing editor
1040-3500 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W.
Tel: 939-2710 (1339)
Web address: http://https://magazine.cim.org/en/