Location: Virtual, International
Posted: October 31, 2022
True North is a digital media organization in search of a reporter and news writer to join our growing team.
The ideal candidate can demonstrate exceptional writing skills, is familiar with journalistic practices, and has a good familiarity with Canada’s media landscape.
This position is an entry-level, full-time, work-from-home position. Applicants will need to work occasional evenings and weekends as required. Full-time employees are eligible for enrolment in True North’s employee benefits plan.
- Writing news stories on breaking news events and updating them with additional comments and information as the story develops.
- Including a broad range of perspectives and ensuring stories are fact-based and fair.
- Following the True North writing and style guide and other journalism best practices.
- Seeking out exclusive news stories, cultivating sources, and performing research.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Thrives under fast-paced conditions and enjoys producing a large volume of high-quality work.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and accept edits and constructive criticism as part of delivering excellent stories.
- Proactive and a self-starter with an eye towards reporting on and writing about breaking news.
- Preference will be given to candidates who live in Toronto or Ottawa.
Please email a writing sample and CV - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
True North Centre
Web address: http://www.tnc.news