|Director, Communications & Stakeholder Relations
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posted: October 27, 2022
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story .
About The Role:
As the Director of Communications and Stakeholder Relations, you will conceptualize and strategically execute external and internal engagement activities. You will be responsible for managing all day-to-day PR activities, including a variety of high-visibility press, influencer and editorial programs designed to drive awareness, engagement and brand equity. This is a hands-on role in which you will work closely with senior leadership to advise, influence and prepare both internal and external communications, ensuring information flows in a timely and effective manner.
If you have a passion for big challenges and want to make your mark with transformative products and technologies, come join our team.
What you'll be doing:
- Direct and implement an integrated strategic external relations approach to support and advance the business strategy
- Plan and execute related activities to foster mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders, supporting senior leadership in their dealings with government and other key stakeholders so that our interactions are strategic, coordinated and consistent
- Drive the strategy to advance Neo’s priorities and policy positions with the Federal and Provincial governments
- Draft written content such as press releases for mass media or company website
- Liaise with the media and handle requests for interviews, statements, etc.
- Coordinate and prepare company executives and business leaders for public appearances and events
- Develop innovative internal communication strategies to ensure timely flow of information and reinforce culture across the organization
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership
- Ensure all communication is cohesive with the brand image
- University degree in communications, government relations, and/or media relations
- 10+ years of experience in communication for external and internal communication, particularly with written communication
- Experience advising and preparing senior leaders for external and internal communications
- Ability to work well under pressure and creatively solve problems
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future.. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's lives. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Benefits of working at Neo:
- Flexible Compensation Scenarios - the ability to choose your base salary and equity combination
- Meaningful Equity - employees are owners, so when the company succeeds, you do too!
- Extended Health Benefits - comprehensive health and dental coverage that starts on day one
- Wellness Benefits - complimentary access to Headspace and Classpass subscriptions
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave - company top-up and 100% benefits coverage while you’re away
- Modern Office Space - our newly renovated headquarters in Calgary and Winnipeg is prime for collaboration and innovation!
- Learning Events - all-company huddles, product demo days, guest speakers, and more!
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.