Times & Transcript
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
Posted: July 21, 2022
Postmedia is a Canadian news media company representing more than 130 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offer advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
Brunswick News, a division of Postmedia Network, Inc., is recruiting for a full-time reporter position (within collective agreement) at the Times & Transcript. As a reporter, you have a keen sense for news, an eagerness to break stories and a clean, clear writing style. Our reporters quickly immerse themselves in assignments, thoroughly researching and reporting news and feature stories to deadlines from minutes to days away. They are enterprising and dig up stories on their own. We are seeking a dynamic and career-driven team player to join our award-winning team in the beautiful city of Moncton, New Brunswick.
- Pitch, report and write stories for online and print
- Verify news and other copy for accuracy
- Arrange and conduct interviews as part of research and for print/multimedia
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Health, drug and dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Fitness and weight management reimbursements
- Challenging, meaningful work
- University or college-level studies in journalism or a related field.
- Previous newsroom experience.
- A clean, clear writing style and a demonstrated ability to produce detailed, accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of, and experience in using, social media.
- Highly developed organizational skills -- able to multi-task, particularly in high-stress situations.
- An excellent command of the English language; fluency in spoken and written French would be a definite asset.
- Photography and videography skills are also an asset.
- A sound understanding of media law.
- A valid driver's license.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please send a copy of your resume, including a cover letter (stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board, and clippings to:
Brunswick News Inc-Times & Transcript (Postmedia)
, New Brunswick