|Digital Communications Co-ordinator
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Posted: July 15, 2022
Salary: $35,000 to $35,000
Pickering College (PC) is recruiting a qualified digital communications co-ordinator to work with members of the PC community to generate engaging and timely community communications on digital and print platforms in support of the strategic directions of the Communications Department, the Admission Office, and the school’s overall Strategic Plan. Reporting to the Communications Manager, this position supports ongoing communications projects and assists in keeping members of the PC Community informed and engaged as one of the school’s chief storytellers. This position has direct interaction with the Communications Manager and staff in Admission and Development. Important facets of this position include working with a variety of departments, faculty and staff.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Acts as a ‘roving reporter’ throughout the school community to generate relevant stories in support of the school’s marketing and communications strategy.
- Creates and maintains a number of calendars both for external and internal audiences with input from various school departments.
- Builds and maintains a robust editorial calendar for news items to be used on the website, e-newsletters and as digital content in social media.
- Generates on-campus photos and videos for use on social media and the school’s website.
- Executes and enhances the school’s digital media strategy with duties including managing the school’s website including AODA compliance and generating meaningful content across the school’s social media channels.
- Serves as the editor, liaises with departments and teachers to write, edit and produce PC Connects, a bi-weekly newsletter of school activities and programs that is distributed to staff, Senior School students and Pickering College families.
- Contributes to The Pillars magazine (biannually), the PC Report Card, and other school publications, as required.
- Proofreads school communications for errors of fact, style and grammar.
- Creates and designs content including videos, print materials, infographics, photos that help tell the school’s story and unique value proposition.
- Supports the school’s inbound and outbound marketing strategies, as required.
- This position has direct interaction with the Communications Manager and staff in Admission and Development. Important facets of this position include working with a variety of departments, faculty and staff.
- Shared office
- 35 hours/week
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate(s) must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Report and proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Suitable accommodations are available for applicants with accessibility needs due to disability upon request.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of communications experience, preferably in a not-for profit, agency and/or education setting
- Demonstrated experience in corporate communications, marketing or advertising, preferably with a focus on digital strategy
- Post-secondary education in journalism, marketing, public relations, corporate communications, or related discipline
- Demonstrated skill/ability in the following areas:
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and communications skills
- Proven photography, video editing and production skills
- Experience in social media management and use of Google Analytics
- Expertise in using Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office software
- Strong ability to multi-task within a dynamic environment as well as key attention to detail
- Demonstrated sound judgment, organization, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Capability to manage changing priorities, concurrent projects and demanding deadlines with flexibility and a can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently as a part of a creative and collaborative team, delivering excellent customer service to internal stakeholders at all levels of the school
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - and resume to email@example.com.