Campbell River Mirror
Location: Cambell River, British Columbia
Posted: June 8, 2022
Deadline: July 15, 2022
The Campbell River Mirror is looking for a multi-media journalist to join our award-winning editorial team. We’re looking for a reporter with experience and training in print, digital and photojournalism.
As a community reporter you’ll get to cover a full range of news, community features, arts, culture, and sports that will be published across our print and digital platforms. This successful candidate will join British Columbia’s largest multi-media news force with opportunities for advancement and development. Black Press employs 185 journalists in the province and is rapidly expanding its multimedia platforms in addition to long-standing print products.
The successful candidate will have:
- Outstanding writing skills for print and web.
- A demonstrated ability in covering breaking news in an online environment.
- Excellent skills in driving website trafﬁc and audience engagement through superior multimedia news content generation, including SEO and UGC strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of photography, and video shooting and editing. Regular video production is a standard requirement in all Black Press newsrooms.
- The ability to adhere to deadlines and take direction while contributing original story ideas.
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, iMovie and Canadian Press style.
- The successful candidate must be a team player, able to multitask and execute in a complex digital and print publishing environment.
- Applicants must hold formal journalism degrees or diplomas, and broadcast training and experience are distinct assets.
- A valid driver’s licence, reliable vehicle and a smartphone are mandatory.
Working in Campbell River means living the coveted Vancouver Island lifestyle in a modern, friendly community of more than 35,000 people. Drive to work along beautiful coastal vistas backed by snowcapped mountains. Finish your exhilarating day at work by mountain biking in tall, green forests, canoeing sparkling lakes, kayaking deep, blue seas, or fishing world-class rivers.
If you want to join a team of like-minded journalists plying their trade in a little corner of paradise, send your resume, portfolio and references to:
Editorial director, Black Press Media
Campbell River Mirror
104 - 250 Dogwood St.
Tel: (250) 287-9227
Web address: http://www.campbellrivermirror.com