|Development Communications Co-ordinator
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Posted: May 21, 2022
Deadline: July 30, 2022
Reporting to the Assistant Head of School, Advancement, the Development Communications Co-ordinator (1-year contract, part-time) works with Development Team members to generate engaging and timely communications and event promotion on digital and print platforms in support of the philanthropic goals of the school. This position supports ongoing engagement and fundraising projects and assists in keeping members of the PC Community connected and informed.
Duties and responsibilities:
- In conjunction with Development Team members, creates and maintains a calendar of parent, alumni, event and fundraising initiatives and the communications that support same, along with key school events.
- Builds and maintains a robust editorial calendar for news items to be used on the website, e-newsletters and as digital content in social media.
- In conjunction with Development Team members, executes writing projects from inception through delivery. This includes projects such as donor profiles, annual giving materials, appeal letters, annual stewardship letters, event promotion, capital campaign-related materials, stewardship reports, etc.
- Prepares compelling and persuasive communications supporting fundraising, strategic events, community awards (such as Class of 1842, 5th Pillar, etc.).
- Generates content and updates the Parent, Alumni, and Donate pages of the website as well as the Parent Portal as required.
- Serves as the editor, liaises with Development Team members, departments and teachers to write, edit and produce Alumni Connects, a monthly e-newsletter, and the Thank You to Donors pages in The Pillars magazine.
- Contributes to The Pillars magazine (biannually), the PC Report Card, and other school publications, as required.
- Acts as a ‘roving reporter’ throughout the school community to generate relevant stories in support of the school’s strategy to build a culture of philanthropy.
- Proofreads communications for errors of fact, style and grammar.
- Assists with PCA and signature events as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has direct interaction with the Development Team and staff in Admission and Communications. Important facets of this position include working with a variety of departments, faculty and staff.
Alumni, parents, grandparents, past parents, friends of PC
Demonstrated skill/ability in the following areas:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of development communications experience, in a not-for profit and/or education setting
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising communications, with a focus on digital strategy
- Post-secondary education in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Corporate Communications, or related discipline
- Excellent persuasive writing, editing, proofreading and communications skills
- Experience in social media management and use of Google Analytics
- Expertise in using Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office software
- Strong ability to multi-task within a dynamic environment as well as key attention to detail
- Demonstrated sound judgement, organization, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Capability to manage changing priorities, concurrent projects and demanding deadlines with flexibility and a can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently as a part of a creative and collaborative team, delivering excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the school
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate(s) must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Report and proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Suitable accommodations are available for applicants with accessibility needs due to disability upon request.
Interested candidates should apply by sending resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
16945 Bayview Avenue
Tel: (905) 895-1700