Canadian Grocer (EnsembleIQ)
Location: remote/work from anywhere, Ontario
Posted: May 14, 2022
This is a remote role based in Ontario, Canada
Recently named a Best Place to Work Chicago, EnsembleIQ is a North American business intelligence company delivering insightful information and actionable connections. Using our market expertise throughout the entire path to purchase in retail, retail technology, consumer goods, healthcare, and hospitality, we help professionals make informed business decisions and gain a competitive advantage. We offer creative solutions that connect suppliers and service providers with our business-building communities. Through our diverse capabilities, we provide our markets with unrivaled digital, social, event, research, marketing services and strategic print offerings. Click to learn more about our culture and to learn more about our company visit ensembleiq.com.
This is an opportunity to join the North American leader intent on moving to the next level of success. While EnsembleIQ is already regarded as the leading retail industry business intelligence platform, the company is committed to strong, strategic growth that creates opportunities for our associates to advance their careers.
About the Role:
Canadian Grocer is seeking a digital editor with a passion for food retailing who has the technology skills to further elevate our content. The digital editor will create and amplify content and engage in activities that enhance the discoverability of Canadian Grocer content.
The digital editor's key responsibilities include writing, editing, producing and amplifying authoritative and insightful content for integrated brand platforms consisting of print magazines, websites, related products and social media platforms. The role requires strong writing and editing skills, plus a hyper-focus on planning and organization. The digital editor will be expected to manage the day-to-day digital needs of the brands’ while also cultivating relationships and interacting with industry sources to help build Canadian Grocer’s communities.
- Pitch, create, produce and manage high-quality content in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment for Canadian Grocer’s five weekly newsletters.
- Assign and manage the work of freelance writers
- Leverage leading social media platforms to drive brand awareness and engagement
- Determine and track KPIs, and apply SEO best practices to achieve content amplification goals
- Supervise and manage the layout of images, graphics, videos and other artwork on digital platforms
- Regularly monitor and track content performance
- Proofread and edit material as needed.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team with professionals such as web designers, marketing executives and photographers to improve content strategy
- Build relationships with industry sources and collaborate with other team members
- Adhere to copyright and privacy standards and company policies
- Attend digital and physical events as needed and occasionally work evenings/weekends based on breaking news, special reports or live event coverage
- Track and analyze website traffic and key drivers of engagement
- Keep abreast of new trends in digital technology.
- Maintaining relationships with, and building upon, our roster of columnists.
- Liaising with sales on sponsored content production.
- 3+ years of B2B Digital Editing experience.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field.
- A passion for retailing and food retailing in particular.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, editing and copywriting skills.
- Strong understanding of Canadian Press style conventions.
- Available portfolio of published work.
- Knowledge of software such Photoshop, etc.
- A basic knowledge of HTML.
- In-depth knowledge of best SEO practices.
- Knowledge of Marketing and SEO tools.
- Knowledge of content management systems such as Drupal.
- Attention to detail, creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Great organizational, time-management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong background and interest in social media and technology.
- An ability to maintain quality and consistency across media types and web platforms and drive increased traffic and brand visibility.
- An ability to manage monthly budgets.
EnsembleIQ is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity and inclusion. We provide accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with human rights and accommodation legislation upon request.
Interested candidates should apply online here with resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.