City of North Battleford
|Public Relations Co-ordinator
Location: Battleford, Saskatchewan
Posted: May 12, 2022
he City of North Battleford is the seventh largest city in Saskatchewan and still offers Big City amenities with the charm of a warm and friendly town. The community is a regional hub with significant economic growth in agriculture, construction, retail, tourism, First Nations industry, transportation, warehousing and more. This historic city is devoted to quality of life for its residents, offering an abundance of opportunity and economic activity.
North Battleford is currently looking for a public relations co-ordinator. Reporting to the city clerk, this is an opportunity to become a leader on a team that promotes growth and positive change in the world of municipal government.
The public relations co-ordinator must ensure the city has both policy-making capacity and guidance, resulting in consistency of information and communications, both within the city and between stakeholders.
The position uses and makes available channels of communication to move and influence public policy, or to promote the city’s agenda, both internally and externally. This position will provide strategic communication advisory services to the city clerk while working with council, the city manager and the corporate leadership team. The successful team member will also be responsible for developing and implementing program specific frameworks, strategic and corporate priorities, objectives, strategies, and service plans.
- This leadership position will provide advice to the CAO, Council, other Directors, Managers, Supervisors, staff and contracted positions in support of the City’s and department’s strategic and corporate priorities, objectives and service plans
- Communicate and engage through reports, presentations and speaking engagements.
- Perform public relations duties including engaging media and others including First Nations and all community stakeholders
- Undertake project analysis and reporting including adding relevant information to data bases
- Administration responsibilities will include working with various departments on funding requests, grants, and major communications initiatives with staff.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- University degree preferably in communications and/or journalism, community policy, business, or a related field.
- Additional education in municipal leadership or other related fields a benefit.
- Five years of progressive experience in policy work, research, strategic planning and communications/journalism.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in, a municipal and government settings a benefit.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
The City of North Battleford offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please submit a cover letter (stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board), detailed resume and any questions to:
Ravenhill Group Inc.
Tel: (250) 941-9066