|Multimedia News Reporter
Location: Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia
Posted: May 11, 2022
Acadia Broadcasting is a growing media company with radio stations in Atlantic Canada and Northwestern Ontario. In each of our markets, our company focuses on being the community’s local voice for entertainment, news, and events.
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for a Multimedia News Reporter to join our regional news team at 101.5 The Hawk in Port Hawkesbury, NS. We are looking for someone who is passionate about storytelling with a diverse set of journalism skills. Our newsroom moves fast, so our reporters must be able to adapt quickly, and have a demonstrated mastery in social media and multimedia news gathering.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Researching and writing both local and regional news stories.
- Creating web stories for our radio station websites and social media platforms.
- Preparing stories for broadcast that are 35-40 seconds in length.
- Continuously seeking multimedia storytelling opportunities, while covering events that will enhance our coverage and content across all platforms.
- Working with a regional team of news professionals and providing support in other regions as needed.
You will work closely and report to the regional News director. Here is what we are looking for:
- Someone with strong interviewing, writing, and editing skills.
- An understanding and proficiency in distributing content through social media channels.
- Someone who thrives on establishing and maintaining positive relationships in the community by attending events, community meetings, and other public appearances.
- A hard worker who can be flexible and adapt to changing priorities on the fly, including breaking news outside regular office hours.
- Journalism or Digital Media diploma, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Knowledge and experience with industry software including Burli and WideOrbit would be considered an asset.
- A valid driver’s license.
What you will receive:
A comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, accidental death coverage, an annual incentive program and a company matched retirement savings plan. Our reporters will be provided with a company issued smartphone and laptop.
If you have a passion for storytelling and are driven to become a part of the community, we would like to hear from you. We strive to be the best radio station in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply with a resume and cover letter and include any relevant SoundCloud or YouTube demo links, as well as writing samples.
Acadia Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply online here or send your resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
58 King Street, Suite 300