Location: Rocky Mountain House, Alberta
Posted: May 2, 2022
The Mountaineer is a small award-winning independent weekly newspaper in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta. Our goal is to create a compelling product that covers this active region. All kinds of breaking news means a diverse opportunity for a diligent reporter.
- This position requires a training in journalism and newspaper design.
- An aptitude for productivity in the newsroom and with Indesign/Illustrator/Photoshop is a must.
- A willingness to work some evenings and some weekends is a requirement. Approximately half of time (or more) will be spent on all aspects of production and the remainder on reporting /photography.
- Must be flexible to assist with many of tasks needed to produce a newspaper each week (along with special publications).
- The successful candidate must demonstrate good discretion, will be supportive and communicate well with the team.
- Must have own camera and transportation.
Please send a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume to:
The Mountaineer (newspaper)
4814 - 49 St
Rocky Mountain House
Web address: http://www.rock-e.ca