Location: Vernon, British Columbia
Posted: May 2, 2022
Deadline: May 31, 2022
Castanet has an immediate opening for a video journalist in the beautiful Okanagan Valley city of Vernon, B.C.
We are seeking a reporter with experience or ability to learn video or broadcast journalism. The successful candidate will receive a $1,500 signing bonus.
You will produce daily video content and written stories that reflect life in the BC Interior. Castanet News is one of the most-read news sites in Western Canada, with an audience of over 600,000 unique visitors a week and 10 million page views.
You will be the face of Castanet in Vernon through your video journalism and will helm coverage of city council. Opportunities for advancement are available within Castanet — a growing news organization.
You will be motivated and self-starting with the ability to work unsupervised at times. Your work week will run Sunday to Thursday.
- Ability to produce multiple tightly written, informative stories a day
- Comfortable reporting in both video and print formats
- Connected to the community with a knowledge of current issues and a network of contacts in the BC Interior
- Great writing ability and videography skills
- Must be social media and computer savvyValid driver's licence and vehicle
- Availability to work when news happens, both in the office and remotely with a team of journalists throughout the BC Interior.
- Training will be provided.
- Previous experience with video editing software is an asset.
If interested, send a demo and resume with the subject line "Vernon application" along with a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board to:
2906 - 30th Avenue
Web address: http://castanet.net