Lakes District News
Location: Burns Lake, British Columbia
Posted: April 19, 2022
Lakes District News has an opening for a full-time, permanent Multi-Media Journalist, with a focus on a full range of news, community features, arts, culture and sports.
This is a dynamic position located in Burns Lake with far-ranging opportunity for growth for a Journalist looking for a diverse community and region to cover.
This successful candidate will join the largest multi-media news force in British Columbia. Black Press employs 185 journalists in the province, and is rapidly expanding its multimedia platforms in addition to long-standing, profitable print products.
The Multi-Media Journalist generates content for the paper’s website, the weekly print product and robust social media interaction with viewers.
We will select a top applicant who brings these skills and talents:
- Superior writing for print and web.
- A demonstrated ability in covering breaking news in an online environment.
- Excellent skills in driving website trafﬁc and audience engagement through multimedia news content generation, including SEO and UGC strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of photography, and video shooting and editing. Regular video production is a standard requirement in all Black Press newsrooms.
- The ability to adhere to deadlines and take direction while contributing original story ideas.
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, iMovie and Canadian Press style.
The successful candidate must live in Canada and be a team player, able to multi-task and execute in a complex digital and print publishing environment.
Applicants must hold formal journalism degrees or diplomas, and broadcast training and experience are distinct assets.
A valid driver’s licence, reliable vehicle and a smartphone are mandatory.
Send a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board, your resume and samples of work to:
Laura Blackwell, Publisher
cc your application to:
Andrew Holota, Editorial Director Black Press Media
Lakes District News
23 3rd ave, PO box 309
Web address: http://burnslakelakesdistrictnews.com/