|Newsletter - Content Editor
Location: anywhere in Canada, Ontario
Posted: January 1, 2022
Squall is an online news business that publishes the Real Estate News Exchange (RENX.ca) and Sustainable Biz Canada (SustainableBiz.ca). It is a growing organization with a plan to open additional news websites and diversifying with related publishing services.
Squall is looking for an experienced, newsletter and content editor to join its editorial team. It is a remote work position, business days, EST, with fixed (75%) and flexible hours, available for a qualified individual in Canada.
- Curating news content from multiple online sources for publication in a daily email newsletter.
- Editing newsletters, articles and other content primarily concerned with Canadian business.
- Communication and engagement in an online newsroom with a tightly integrated editorial team, meeting online as required.
- The ability to understand complex business transactions and acquire a growing knowledge of related activity.
- Attention to detail including grammar, sentence structure, spelling and punctuation
- Fast and efficiently fact checking and flagging of potential legal issues.
- Reliability in fully completing assigned responsibilities and meeting daily deadlines.
- Competency in working with technologies required for remote and independent work.
- Degree or diploma in journalism or a related field, including English or communications.
- 5 years business news editing or equivalent experience in one or more industry sectors.
- Ability to search newswires and online sources for relevant and breaking news stories.
- Familiarity with social media websites, posting content and sourcing news stories on LinkedIN, Facebook and Twitter.
- Demonstrated ability with making news judgements that can drive reader engagement.
- Ability to manage and edit content in Canada Press style in a fast-paced online news environment.
- A commitment to the role of business in addressing the challenges created by climate change and familiarity with the Canadian real estate industry.
- A consumer of online news with a passion for language and words.
- Established remote work office environment with a high-speed online connection and familiarity with a variety of software.
Diversity & Inclusion
Squall is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a work force that reflects the diversity of Canadian society, through its hiring practices. It is committed to the full and inclusive participation of its employees in daily operations.
A resume and samples of editing work are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.
All candidates are required to have subscribed to our news services at RENX.ca and SustainableBiz.ca prior to making application for this position. Subscriptions are easily cancelled at any time.
P.O. Box 1484, Stn. B
Tel: (613) 612-7414
Web address: http://www.squall.com