|Reporter - General Assignment
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Posted: November 24, 2021
Village Media, which operates a rapidly growing network of local news and information websites, is searching for a talented and experienced multimedia Reporter to fill a full-time position covering breaking news and general assignments in Stratford, Ontario.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, curious and a self-starter who knows that breaking news goes beyond fires and collisions. We want someone with excellent news judgment who can find the stories most important to our community on a daily basis, while also digging deep to uncover the news that no one else is reporting.
The successful candidate for this position:
- Has demonstrated experience writing breaking news and features stories on a wide range of community issues, including crime and justice, education, business, sports and health;
- Reports quickly, clearly and accurately and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Has a track record of success in cultivating sources, including with first responders, and fostering community contacts and relationships;
- Isn’t afraid to ask tough questions when required.
- Are compelled to find stories that matter and to engage with our communities;
- Are committed to fairness, accuracy and transparency, and have impeccable ethics;
- Have exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Degree or diploma in journalism, or related experience;
- Superior language, writing and editing skills, with a thorough knowledge of CP Style;
- Strong photography and video skills;
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends;
- A valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle;
- Familiarity with the Stratford, Ontario area will be considered a strong asset.
About Village Media
Village Media is an ever-expanding network of local news and community websites. We focus on providing local stories written by local journalists in the communities we serve. In addition to local news, our sites offer weather, events, obituaries and a wide range of community information. We are proud members of the cities where we operate. We support local events and charitable causes and recognize our neighbours’ achievements. We are more than just news: Village Media is all about community.
Village Media is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff, volunteers, programs, and partners. We encourage applicants of diverse abilities, backgrounds, and life experiences to apply. If you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact email@example.com.
To apply, please submit a cover letter (stating you found this job on Gaulin Media) and resume, along with relevant samples of your work. Applications for all current openings must be submitted through the Village Media Portal.