|Social Media Specialist
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: November 18, 2021
Deadline: December 15, 2021
York is a leading international teaching and research university, and a driving force for positive change. Empowered by a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective, we are preparing our students for their long-term careers and personal success. Together, we can make things right for our communities, our planet and our future.
The Communications & Public Affairs Division (C&PA) is responsible for advancing York University's brand and reputation by providing strategic advice and counsel to York senior management; disseminating news; developing and implementing internal and external communications, strategic marketing, special events; and developing strong relationships with key constituency groups, including alumni, donors, community groups and all levels of government. C&PA includes the following units: Media Relations & External Communications, University Brand & Marketing, Strategic & Internal Communications and Business Intelligence & Planning.
Social media is an essential element of the university’s communications and marketing plan. It helps York grow and engage with its audiences, and increasingly represents the first choice of channels our primary audiences expect to interact with us on.
In this role you will assist the supervisor in the day-to-day operations of York's institutional digital (social media channels and web). This includes (but is not limited to) developing and implementing social media strategies to drive community growth and brand engagement, social media monitoring, measurement and reporting, social media planning & implementation, community engagement, content research & development, writing and design for social media and web and other administrative duties as required.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will bring the following:
- A University degree in communications, marketing, journalism, digital media or English or a related field in digital communications with a minimum of three (3) years' experience in online communications, media, marketing, or public relations with a range of digital (social media and web) channels.
- Demonstrated experience using social media for brand awareness and reputation building, i.e. developing and implementing social media campaigns, daily posting, community management, metrics analysis and content creation (video, photography, writing) for a range of digital channels such as Websites, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, reddit, blogging platforms such as WordPress or Tumblr, etc., in a business context.
- Ability to write for web and proficiency in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) (i.e. How to write for SEO optimization).
- Demonstrated success in optimizing content for social media channels.
- Demonstrated experience with social media management and monitoring software applications such as CISION Falcon, Meltwater, HootSuite, SproutSocial, Sysomos, Heartbeat, or others.
- Experience creating photographic assets utilizing a DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera.
- Experience in the non-profit or educational sectors is an asset.
For full position details, including skills and knowledge requirements,
and to apply to this exciting opportunity visit the External Career Portal
(www.yorku.ca/jobs) and refer to posting 104234.
We offer comprehensive
benefits and access to superb educational and recreational facilities. For more
information on what York has to offer U please visit: http://hr.info.yorku.ca/benefits/
Web address: http://jobs-ca.technomedia.com/yorkuniversity/?_4x1F8B08000000000000006D8FB10E83201884DF86B181BF0A3