Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association
Location: Milton, Ontario
Posted: November 17, 2021
Deadline: December 17, 2021
Salary: 50,000 - 60,000
About the position
We are seeking a full-time multimedia journalist to join the Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association team. Working with the director of communications and publications, the multimedia journalist will be responsible for producing print, digital and video content for the association, including its Landscape Trades and Landscape Ontario publications. Job duties include developing story and content ideas, writing, video production, photography, copy editing, and coordinating with freelance journalists, columnists and photographers.
You are an experienced multimedia journalist with outstanding writing, photography, videography and editing skills. You must possess fantastic planning, organizational skills and the ability to work comfortably under pressure in a fast-paced environment. You have extensive experience developing engaging content for both print and digital, as well as a great understanding of target audiences.
Previous knowledge of the landscape/horticulture or construction industry, as well as any experience working in a trade publication environment are considered assets.
- Generate story/ content ideas for Landscape Ontario’s print and digital platforms.
- Write articles for Landscape Ontario’s magazines and websites.
- Shoot photos and produce videos to support the association’s publications and communications.
- Copy edit content for Landscape Ontario’s print and digital platforms using Canadian Press (CP) style.
- Work closely with other departments within the association to promote and cover association and industry events.
- Occasional travel (reimbursed by the association) throughout the province for editorial coverage.
- Minimum 3 years of journalism experience.
- Portfolio of published articles, photos and videos.
- University degree or related education journalism.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro).
- Experience using Google Workplace (Google Docs, Sheets, Forms ect.)
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, and best practices for content development and community engagement.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proven ability to generate content for a variety of audiences.
- Highly organized and able to plan editorial content across multiple platforms.
- Comfortable working in a complex team environment where many people are competing for their time and expertise.
- A dynamic team player who is diplomatic, customer-service oriented and able to resolve conflicts.
Please apply with a cover letter stating that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume to: apply here
7856 Fifth Line South
Web address: http://landscapeontario.com