Location: Sussex, Woodstock, Bathurst, New Brunswick
Posted: November 16, 2021
Deadline: December 3, 2021
Brunswick News seeks three experienced, enterprising reporters to join our team. There are three full-time reporter positions available, in Sussex at the Kings County Record, Woodstock at the Bugle-Observer and in Bathurst at The Northern Light.
The successful candidates will be reporters who are team players, can pivot quickly to cover breaking news, but also be at ease working independently on a beat.
A drive to drum up fresh story ideas, a proven ability to meet tight deadlines and a passion to grow as a reporter are also musts. This is an opportunity to work with award-winning journalists in building a digital audience for our subscription-based digital news service, while continuing a tradition of excellence in print.
These full-time, permanent positions are based in New Brunswick. They include a standard benefits package.
- University or college-level studies in journalism or related education
- At least two years of newsroom experience, which can include student journalism
- A demonstrated ability to cover a variety of news stories, including courts, municipal politics, business and breaking news, with a focus on delivering detailed, accurate work under deadline pressure
- A self-starter who is always searching for fresh story ideas, but is also willing to take direction and wants to grow as a reporter
- Highly developed organizational skills - able to multi-task and adapt quickly in high-stress situations
- Working knowledge of and experience using social media
- Photography skills are a must, as well as flexibility to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts
- A car and valid driver's licence
Brunswick News Inc. is Atlantic Canada's most dynamic media group, providing a comprehensive package of live news and information to readers throughout New Brunswick. Our network of media outlets include the website TJ.news, New Brunswick's three daily newspapers, several smaller-market newspapers, flyer distribution services and an online recruitment site.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board (and which city you are applying for) and three examples of your work to: