IT World Canada
|Senior Content Marketing Editor
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: October 11, 2021
Deadline: November 15, 2021
Salary: experience dependent
ITWC is the Canadian AI-enabled digital media and marketing platform reaching Canada’s most influential, engaged and targeted technology decision-makers. Using first-party data, the science of demand generation, and industry knowledge, we create value for both our community of participants of over 280,000 CASL-compliant subscribers and our leading vendor customers. We are offer a diverse portfolio of content marketing, lead generation, and event opportunities that connect our clients in relevant ways with the customers they are seeking. We practice turnkey, white glove service so you can focus on what you do best.
We are looking for a Senior Content Marketing Editor to work with our team to help continue to produce the industry-leading digital content that has earned ITWC more than a dozen Canadian Online Publishing Awards over the past five years.
This position will be responsible for all event scripting development and co-ordinating script into the production for virtual and live events. This position requires a client-centric approach and client-facing experience.
The Senior Content Marketing Editor plays a strategic and tactical role within our team of marketing professionals and content creators. Equal parts creative and process-driven, the successful individual will help shape content deliverable to exceed client expectations.
- Work strategically with the Chief Content Officer to incorporate innovative writing approaches while maintaining a close interface with the CMO to ensure marketing mandates are met.
- Work tactically with the Marketing Manager to ensure integration of all programs.
- Work with the marketing team, and contract writers to create content and marketing deliverables across email, blog, taskforce, whitepaper, videos, podcasts and other formats.
- Develop unique, engaging, solution-oriented content while maintaining ITWC brand standards, voice, and style.
- Be responsible for managing freelance budgets.
- Edit and bar raise marketing content produced within the organization.
- Co-ordinate effort with Project Managers to work through the detailed processes to gain approval from clients.
- Manage the delivery of diverse and multiple projects on time and on budget.
- Work with the internal team to develop amplification opportunities for marketing content.
- Ideate new communication channels, content formats and programs based on client and business needs.
- Evaluate content metrics and iterate based on results.
- Leverage available data and insights to inform messaging and strategy.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Experience writing for B2B technology or advertising programs
- Have familiarity with global and industry-wide technology trends
- Significant proven experience in marketing in a creative writing-focused role developing content in English.
- Native-level proficiency in English.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders at various levels and in different locales, with the ability to drive alignment.
- Ability to think strategically while being hands-on, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to always be client-centric in your approach to commercial content.
- Able to thrive in an agile environment, balancing strategy and execution as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements.
- Professional experience in marketing or marketing research.
- Strong project management, creative thinking, and analytical skills.
- Possess an understanding of various video production procedures to ensure proper flow of event scripting.
- Must be able to manage their time efficiently.
Please send your resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
Fawn Annan, CEO
ITWC (IT WORLD CANADA)
Suite 900 - 305 Milner Ave.
Tel: (416) 570-5428
Web address: http://www.itworldcanada.com