Location: North Bay, Ontario
Posted: October 11, 2021
Deadline: October 25, 2021
Postmedia is a Canadian news media company representing more than 125 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
Working in the North Bay newsroom, the ideal candidate is an enterprising self-starter and team player with a sense for stories that resonate with North Bays diverse readership. The candidate should be able to cultivate sources, find stories buried in documents and break news on tight deadlines, while writing in a way that is clear, concise and engaging. Knowledge of issues facing Northern Ontario will all be considered assets.
The successful applicant has the following attributes:
- Detailed-oriented journalist who can initiate and develop story ideas.
- Possess excellent news judgment, creativity, organization and communication skills.
- Experience at a daily news organization in a deadline-oriented writing or editing role for a variety of platforms.
- Fluency in digital platforms, multimedia journalism and social media.
- Ability to work quickly and independently, meet multiple deadlines, and make efficient decisions.
- Hard working, initiative-taking, entrepreneurial team player.
- Experience in and enthusiasm for producing content across a variety of platforms and channels.
- Minimum two years’ professional journalism experience.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please forward a cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - and resume to: