RealScreen (Brunico Communications)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: September 17, 2021
Brunico connects markets. Our communities span the world and we help them navigate industry, develop partnerships and grow their business. We are influential, innovative and trusted. We produce world-renowned publications and events for the Media & Entertainment sector, and we are looking for an associate editor with B2B experience to join our ranks.
Realscreen, the foremost global authority on the international non-fiction and unscripted screen content industry, is looking for an Associate Editor to join its editorial team in Toronto, Canada.
As Associate Editor, Realscreen, your job includes responsibility for researching, writing and/or assigning, editing, coordinating and managing editorial content and layout for Realscreen’s quarterly print magazine. You will also support the Editor and Content Director by copy chiefing the magazine: editing stories, proofing final pages and executing InCopy edits. In addition to working with the Editor and Content Director on overall magazine issue planning and execution you will also contribute stories to the Realscreen Daily Newsletter and help with back-up online editing as needed. In conjunction with the News Editor, your remit entails developing online enterprise content with print synergies.
- University degree in journalism or communications
- 5+ years as a journalist, at least two of those in an Associate Editor capacity
- Experience in managing in-house and freelance editorial resources effectively
- Outstanding editorial standards and judgment
- An eye for detail and copy consistency
- Strong aptitude for display writing and art direction
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with PC platforms, Microsoft Office, WordPress, InCopy, Photoshop
- Inside knowledge of the international non-fiction film and television industry would be an asset
Please note only candidates who are legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Brunico Communications Ltd. is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment (if applicable) process as required under Brunico Communications Ltd’s Accessibility policies and procedures. Applicants must make their accommodation needs known upon requests for interviews.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter stating salary expectations - and that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
Barry Walsh, editor & content director