Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: September 9, 2021
Salary: salary + bonus
As a Bilingual Editor at Captivate, you will spend your days immersed in the news, researching, and producing engaging content in both English & French for Captivate’s network of digital screens in office elevators and lobbies. Your purpose will be to empower busy professionals with actionable information throughout their workday. If you’re a news junkie looking to exercise your editing skills in the digital space, this may be an excellent career step for you. You can make a difference in our fun, dynamic and hardworking office.
What You’ll Do:
- Work within a team to enhance viewer experience
- Comb our content providers’ websites for fresh, compelling, and relevant content, and edit the info into easily digestible news nuggets for our digital space in both English and French with minimal translation
- Maintain Captivate’s voice and style
- Research upcoming events for our top local markets
- Brainstorm and develop sponsored content for advertisers
- Cultivate creativity, as there will be opportunities to develop original programming features
What You Bring To The Team:
- Bilingualism in English & French is a must
- A Bachelor of Journalism or degree in another relevant field
- At least 2 years of editorial experience on any platform that demonstrates familiarity with CP style
- Skills with basic photo editing including Photoshop
- Meticulous copyediting skills, sound news judgment and an ability to meet multiple deadlines daily
- The ability to work 5:30am - 1:30pm Monday - Friday (with an hour for lunch)
*Research shows that women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every point above, please still apply! We'd love to connect and see if you could be a great fit.
We're hiring out of Montreal, Ottawa or Toronto for this position! Please note our main office in Canada is located in Toronto.
If you'd like to apply, please submit your cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume through the posting on our career page:
Captivate is North America’s leading location-based digital video network, reaching millions of professionals throughout the day. Traditionally known for our network of screens in office elevators and lobbies, we are expanding our vision of Work, Live, Play to new networks like Captivate Golf, Captivate Hospitality and Captivate Residential. We connect viewers to the world outside their homes and offices by delivering valuable information and entertainment to influence personal and professional purchase decisions.
55 University Avenue
Web address: http://captivate.com