|Internal Communications Specialist
Location: Saint John, New Brunswick
Posted: September 1, 2021
Internal Communications Specialist
Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here's what you can expect from us:
When you're a part of our team, you'll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That's why we're dedicated to investing in our employees’ potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you’ll need to succeed
The Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for providing strategic advice and alignment across Irving Oil in the area of internal communications. The successful candidate will:
- Develop clear, timely and effective employee communications – print and digital – striving for relevant, informative, inclusive content that touches all aspects of the company.
- Develop and execute detailed internal communication proposals and communications plans, including planning employee events and activities, that lead to a consistent experience for all involved, ensuring effective and integrated approaches.
- Build relationships with key internal stakeholders across the company to support various initiatives by understanding their needs and developing internal communication proposals that will achieve their objectives.
- Provide direction and guidance to multiple internal stakeholders regarding appropriate internal communication tactics and assisting with the execution of these tactics.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by analyzing metrics to measure the effectiveness of internal communications processes with a focus on providing seamless and accessible digital communication solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong grammatical and editing skills with a desire to produce flawless materials. Strong knowledge of Canadian Press Style Guidelines considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid, multi-tasking environment with an extreme attention to detail and an enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to build trust and confidence with internal stakeholders through professional interactions, integrity, and maintaining confidentiality.
- Will require flexibility outside of work hours and the ability to travel.
- Digital competency using online/multimedia channels and strong technical skills related to online tools such as SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and email marketing software is considered an asset.
Education and Experience
- University degree in a related discipline (e.g. Communications, Journalism, Digital Marketing.)
- Three to five years of functional experience, including at least three years in a similar role.
- Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Travel is not a requirement for this role.
Please apply here with a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume.
10 King Square South
, New Brunswick