Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: July 20, 2021
Deadline: August 8, 2021
The Logic is now accepting applications for a partnerships manager to join its growing business team.
We are an independent, made-in-Canada digital-media company founded in 2018 with the belief that Canadians will pay for great journalism. Combining exclusive news, in-depth reporting, insightful analysis and smart curation, we confront the critical questions that shape this country’s economic future. Our coverage of Canada’s economic transformation includes topics like the country’s emerging tech sector; the disruption of legacy industries; our institutional and venture investors; the collision of new technology with policy and regulation; and the impact of this transformation on how Canadians work and live. We are a startup with a rapidly growing community of engaged subscribers.
We’re looking for a creative self-starter to help us develop additional revenue streams through partnerships, events and corporate subscriptions. The successful candidate has excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of successfully managing relationships and projects. As a member of a small but mighty team, you’ll have an opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing startup with big plans for the future.
This is a full-time, Toronto-based position reporting to the chief operating officer that includes a competitive salary, paid time off and a full benefits package. The start date is early September 2021. Applications are due by August 8, 2021.
What you’ll do:
- Support the executive and business teams on all corporate partnership and sales opportunities
- Produce subscriber and partner events, conference calls and webinars
- Manage deliverables (insertion orders, engagement reports, etc.) for The Logic’s partnerships, including sponsorships, events and corporate subscriptions, ensuring service levels and expectations are met
- Research prospective corporate partners and manage The Logic’s CRM
- Keep our corporate subscribers happy … and subscribed
What you’ll bring:
- You’re a generalist with a wide breadth of experience in partnerships, event production, business development, sales and account management
- Experience managing successful projects end to end, meeting service levels and expectations
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to multitask and reprioritize completing deliverables with varying levels of priority
- A passion for the editorial vision of The Logic and the drive to be part of a growing startup
Not sure if you’re qualified? Please apply anyway. We’re hiring people, not resumes, and we are committed to building an inclusive environment. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Benefits of working at The Logic:
- Competitive compensation package Comprehensive benefits plan including parental leave, dental, HSA and more
- Remote work environment, transitioning to The Logic’s beautiful office in Toronto when it reopens in fall 2021
To apply, please submit the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board & telling us how your experience and skills will contribute to The Logic’s business team