|Digital Marketing Manager
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: July 20, 2021
Deadline: August 8, 2021
The Logic is now accepting applications for a digital marketing manager to join its growing business team.
We are an independent, made-in-Canada digital-media company founded in 2018 with the belief that Canadians will pay for great journalism. Combining exclusive news, in-depth reporting, insightful analysis and smart curation, we confront the critical questions that shape this country’s economic future. Our coverage of Canada’s economic transformation includes topics like the country’s emerging tech sector; the disruption of legacy industries; our institutional and venture investors; the collision of new technology with policy and regulation; and the impact of this transformation on how Canadians work and live. We’re a startup with a rapidly growing community of engaged readers.
We’re looking for an adaptive and entrepreneurial marketing professional to help us expand our audience and overall business. The successful candidate has a strong analytical mindset and an ability to find stories and trends in data. As a member of a small team, this position is deeply influential, reporting directly to senior leadership.
This is a full-time, Toronto-based position reporting to the chief operating officer that includes a competitive salary, paid time off and a full benefits package. The start date is early September 2021. Applications are due by August 8, 2021.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and deploy paid and organic digital marketing strategies across email, social and web
- Manage email-marketing lists and execute email campaigns using Mailchimp
- Develop The Logic’s social media strategy and oversee day-to-day publishing
- Use data to continuously improve lead generation across our marketing funnel, including acquisition, engagement and retention
- Prepare and present actionable analytics reports to executive, business and editorial teams, analyzing story performance, email marketing and subscription data
What you’ll bring:
- Demonstrated experience with a combination of marketing, communications, research, data science and audience engagement
- Expertise in email marketing and the creation of custom campaigns
- Experience managing social accounts and an eagerness to learn new platforms
- Proficiency in Google Analytics and fluency in marketing and sales acronyms (CAC, LTV, ARPU, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tell a story with data
- Ability to multitask and reprioritize completing deliverables with varying levels of priority
- An understanding of value drivers in recurring-revenue business models
- A passion for the editorial vision of The Logic and the drive to be part of a growing startup
Not sure if you’re qualified? Please apply anyway. We’re hiring people, not resumes, and we are committed to building an inclusive environment. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Benefits of working at The Logic:
- Competitive compensation package Comprehensive benefits plan including parental leave, dental, HSA and more
- Remote work environment, transitioning to The Logic’s beautiful office in Toronto when it reopens in fall 2021
To apply, please submit the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board & telling us how your experience and skills will contribute to The Logic’s business team