Location: Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
Posted: July 16, 2021
paNOW.com – a division of Pattison Media - is looking for our next fearless leader.
Based in Prince Albert, paNOW is at the heart of our news operations in Saskatchewan. Our impressive group of assets consists of several radio stations and seven news portals, including outlets in La Ronge, Meadow Lake, North Battleford and Melfort. We have a strong foundation in digital-first local content and have a proven history of mentoring and developing talent.
Reporting to the Director of Information Programming, the News Director will be the manager and site leader for the Prince Albert, Melfort and La Ronge news teams and have the assistance of a fellow News Director based in North Battleford/Meadow Lake. We need someone who can deliver compelling content and find the perfect balance between tradition and innovation.
- Setting the editorial direction of all news for web and radio while also increasing competitive position and revenue
- Setting expectations for reporters and anchors to ensure a consistent experience for listeners and readers
- Balancing diverse needs of our audience and regional landscape
- Working with sales to develop and implement sales opportunities
- Being highly involved in the community in a news capacity or as a company representative.
- Daily news reporting / some anchoring may be required
- Familiarity with journalistic practices and principles, codes of conduct and legal requirements
- Degree or diploma from a recognized broadcast school.
- Minimum 3 years of newsroom experience
- A valid driver’s license
- A passion for news
- Strong on-air presence would be an asset
Please send your resume, writing examples, on-air demo and a completed copy of the Pattison Media New Applicant Self ID form, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board, by August 15, 2021 to:
**Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at pattisonmedia.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential**
1316 Central Avenue, 2nd Floor
Tel: (306) 961-3894
Web address: http://www.panow.com