Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posted: July 14, 2021
Deadline: August 6, 2021
Odvod Publishing is looking for an experienced managing editor to coordinate the activities of its award-winning editorial team. Reporting directly to the editor in chief, the managing editor will also participate on the management team.
We are seeking someone who loves planning, organizing, reacting, reporting, delegating, assigning, juggling, problem-solving; oh, and writing.
You need to understand the overlap of print and digital worlds and keep pace with the changing milieu. You will manage custom publications as well as daily editorial activities for Edify, print and digital.
Start date: September 1, 2021.
- Plan, organize and manage editorial operations at the direction of the editor in chief
- Collaborate with management and production teams
- Ensure editorial budgets are met
- Plan and approve assignments for editors and writers
- Control schedules and ensure editorial deadlines are met
- Write for publications where needed
- Participate in editing procedures, including proofreading and fact-checking
- Resolve issues as they arise
- Ensure that contracts and invoices flow to the accounting department
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience as a managing editor or equivalent
- Proven experience with Incopy, Wordpress, and social media platforms
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian Press style guide
- Exceptional ability to plan and organize
- Highly competent, with a keen attention to detail
Please send your résumé, cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Job Board and three samples of published work (PDF format only, please NO links) to email@example.com. Please do not phone us.
About Odvod Publishing
A multi-award-winning company located in Edmonton, Alberta, Odvod Publishing was established in 2006. Initially the company was in partnership with another Alberta-based publisher, and published under the Avenue brand. When COVID-19 hit, the principals decided to move forward as separate entities and focus on their own cities. The Edify brand was born in Edmonton. It was awarded the title of Alberta's Magazine of the Year in 2021.
Well known for its expertise in content development, Odvod Publishing also focuses on custom magazines including Edmonton Community Foundation’s Legacy in Action; University Hospital Foundation’s Here magazine; Ballet Edmonton’s Be Home Tour; and most recently, Economic Development Alberta’s Invest in Alberta/Xperience Alberta.
We are growing, adding titles and doing more custom work.
10221 123 St. NW
Web address: http://edifyedmonton.com