Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Posted: June 10, 2021
Castanet has an immediate opening for an opinions page editor and sponsored content writer.
We are seeking a self-motivated writer and editor that has already mastered CP style and has the ability to work and meet deadlines independently.
Castanet is a growing organization with has an audience of over 600,000 unique visitors a week and more than 11 million page views. It is one of the most-read websites in Western Canada.
You will manage Castanet’s opinion page, editing and vetting columns and letters to the editor while curating other opinion content. You will also work with paying clients to craft sponsored written content. This dual role is a new position at Castanet and may evolve as need be.
- Ability to produce clean, tightly written content
- Able to meet firm deadlines without supervision
- Strong editorial judgement on opinion pieces
- Can work collaboratively with columnists and clients
- Connected to the community and BC Interior
- Must be social media and computer savvy
- Valid driver's licence and vehicle
- Training will be provided
If you are interested, submit a resume and writing samples - along with a cover note stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
455, Lawrence Avenue