Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Posted: June 10, 2021
Are you a talented writer? Detailed editor? Extraordinary communicator? Public relations aficionado? We want to meet you!
Village Media is searching for a talented and motivated full-time Communications Specialist to join our growing team to help achieve our public relations and communications goals.
This role includes supporting the Marketing & Communications department to develop, organize, write, edit, implement, optimize and report on a variety of projects.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for writing effective and engaging copy for a diverse portfolio of products, launches and engagement campaigns across Village Media’s network of local news and information sites.
The successful candidate will have experience strategizing communication plans and assisting with the creation of campaigns through the writing and editing of copy and implementation of tactics. The ideal candidate is also an exceptional multitasker who can manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Strategize, execute, measure and optimize a variety of marketing, public relations and communication campaigns
- Complete required research and prepare written material for a variety of purposes, including content for websites, social media and communication campaigns
- Support the creation and development of communications plans
- Assist with the creative development and drafting of marketing copy, commercial content and social media campaigns
- Edit content for writing conventions and accuracy
- Perform other duties and projects as directed by senior management
About Village Media:
Village Media is an ever-expanding network of local news and community websites. We focus on providing local stories written by local journalists in the communities we serve. In addition to local news, our sites offer weather, events, obituaries and a wide range of community information. We are proud members of the cities where we operate. We support local events and charitable causes and recognize our neighbours’ achievements. We are more than just news: Village Media is all about community.
- Education or experience in communications, journalism, or a related field
- Previous experience with drafting and editing communication pieces
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of integrated communications
- Solid understanding of social media best practices
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail
Village Media is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff, volunteers, programs and partners. We encourage applicants of diverse abilities, backgrounds, and life experiences to apply. If you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact email@example.com.
To apply, please submit a cover letter (stating you found this job on Gaulin Media) and resume, along with relevant samples of your work. Applications for all current openings must be submitted through the Village Media Portal.