Revelstoke Media (Black Press)
Location: Revelstoke, British Columbia
Posted: June 4, 2021
Deadline: July 31, 2021
This is a prime opportunity to join the largest multi-media reporting force in British Columbia.
Black Press employs 150 journalists in the province, and is rapidly expanding its multimedia platforms in addition to long-standing, profitable print products.
The Revelstoke Review, a weekly community newspaper, has an opening for a multimedia journalist.
Revelstoke is situated in the beautiful Interior region of British Columbia and offers boundless year-round recreational amenities in an active, thriving community.
The Review is part of Black Press, Canada’s largest private community news media company with extensive digital and newspaper properties throughout B.C., Alberta, Yukon, NWT, Washington, Alaska and Hawaii.
The successful candidate will possess outstanding communication skills, keen attention to detail and the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
Reporting to the editor and publisher, the top applicant will be a dynamic, outgoing individual who will produce high-quality work on a range of news across all platforms, including print and digital media.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess excellent understanding of social media, photography, video and print journalism. Broadcast training and/or experience would be a distinct asset.
- Assist the ongoing development of website optimization and content, driving immediacy and fresh content.
- Demonstrate initiative and determination to improve and supplement digital and print platforms.
- Produce quality written articles for print and online, as well as video reports.
- Possess excellent editing skills across all platforms.
- A valid driver’s licence, reliable vehicle and smartphone is mandatory.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or hold permanent resident status.
Submit your resume, writing and video samples, and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
Jocelyn Doll, editor
Bureau Chief of BC Interior South Division
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.