Ontario Medical Association
|Sr. Advisor, Media Relations
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: June 3, 2021
Deadline: June 30, 2021
Contract to June 2022
Are you looking to expand your skills and be part of a talented team? Are you respectful, bold, responsive, and transparent? Are you looking to join one of Greater Toronto’s Top 2021 Employers?
The Ontario Medical Association (OMA) advocates for and supports doctors, seeking to strengthen their leadership role in caring for patients. We continually seek to be the trusted voice in transforming Ontario’s health care system by courageously pursuing best practices, new ideas, solutions and opportunities to improve.
The Senior Advisor, Media & Communications, is responsible for providing strategic media advice and supporting media relations for the OMA’s 2021 health-care platform, now in development to shape Ontario’s future health-care agenda. That includes identifying potential media opportunities, preparing strategic communications plans and materials such as news releases, managing issues and maintaining and enhancing relationships with member, public, media and corporate audiences to support the broader goals and objectives of the Ontario Medical Association.
You Will Make a Difference By:
- Preparing communications plans, key messages, news releases, social media and other materials consistent with the OMA brand strategy and standards to support the OMA’s health-care platform.
- Developing issue management and crisis communications plans and strategies as required on OMA initiatives or outside actions that will generate public interest or controversy.
- Preparing the OMA president/spokesperson for media interviews by developing key messages, monitoring media and social media activity and developing responses as required.
- Providing media training and coaching.
- Reporting on and analyzing media metrics to inform best practices.
- Monitoring the media landscape to identify new opportunities or changing needs.
Requirement That Are Important To Us:
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, political science, public policy, communications or marketing disciplines with above diploma or certificate;
- 10 years’ relevant experience;
- Strong writing skills are essential;
- Experience working as a journalist or a proven track record in media relations;
- Experience developing communications plans, writing news releases and other communications materials, including social media;
- Experience in issues and crisis management;
- Understanding of the political landscape of Ontario, experience working in health care preferred;
- Experience in a consumer-facing organization, political and/or highly regulated environment, public relations agency, or member association an asset, as is the ability to work in French.
What We Have to Offer You
Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team and help shape the strategic direction of the OMA.
Friendly and dynamic work environment.
Work with one of Toronto’s Top 2021 Employers
To apply use this link, stating in your application that you found this job on Jeff Gauli'ns Journalism Job Board.
Ontario Medical Association is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.