Lion's Roar Foundation
|Digital Editorial Assistant
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posted: June 2, 2021
Deadline: June 25, 2021
Digital Editorial Assistant
As the newest member of our digital editorial team, you’ll thrive on the variety, challenge, and close collaboration your role involves. We’re a small but mighty team and you’ll own your responsibilities, executing them with professionalism, curiosity, and confidence. You’ll be contributing to our sizable and growing web presence and helping us serve and anticipate the needs of a diverse international audience. If you’re an initiative-taker and know the joys of team success, it will be noticed and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with the company.
Lion’s Roar is the leading English-language Buddhist media organization and a socially conscious not-for-profit company. We’re about making Buddhist teachings and practices more relevant and accessible to a wide diversity of communities.
What you’ll do:
- Mine and refresh content from our archive of evergreen articles.
- Draft and publish online new issues of our magazines, Buddhadharma and Lion’s Roar, and review, draft, and publish past issues.
- Help create and schedule social on all platforms.
- Draft and schedule our weekly Top Stories newsletter.
- Assist with reviewing and responding to submissions, and working with freelancers.
- Assist with the editing of submissions.
- Draft and publish web-exclusive and news content.
- Review books and arrange with publishers for web excerpts.
- Update site for premium subscriber material.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in literature, journalism, marketing, communications, or similar.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
- Experience in editing, communications, or similar.
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (especially WordPress)
- Good knowledge of content platforms such as social media, blogs, and email management (Mailchimp).
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Working knowledge of Buddhist philosophy and practice — or the desire to develop these.
Lion’s Roar is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We welcome the unique contributions you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Submission deadline: 25 June 2021
This is a full-time position which can be based in our Halifax, Nova Scotia offices or done remotely. Salary range: $30,000 to $32,000. To apply, please send a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume to email@example.com; include “Digital Editorial Assistant” in the subject line. Click here to see job posting on lionsroar.com
Lion's Roar Foundation
1871 Hollis St., Ste 310
, Nova Scotia
Web address: http://lionsroar.com