GuelphToday (Village Media)
|Freelance Journalists (multiple)
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Posted: May 4, 2021
This is a remote role.
We are currently seeking talented and motivated freelance journalists (multiple) to write for our GuelphToday local news site.
We are born digital, but at the heart of what we do is community storytelling and we are looking for writers who can help us cover a number of diverse subject areas.
- Are driven to find the people behind the stories that matter in their communities
- Know how to capture passions, struggles and triumphs and communicate them in a compelling way
- Love digging for a story and explaining the big picture to our readers
- Are committed to fairness, accuracy and journalism ethics
- Have exceptional writing skills
About Village Media:
Village Media is an ever-expanding network of local news and community websites. We focus on providing local stories written by local journalists in the communities we serve. In addition to local news, our sites offer weather, events, obituaries and a wide range of community information. We are proud members of the cities where we operate. We support local events and charitable causes and recognize our neighbours’ achievements. We are more than just news: Village Media is all about community.
You should have:
- A degree or diploma in journalism, or a related field
- Superior language, writing and editing skills
- Strong photography skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Village Media is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff, volunteers, programs, and partners. We encourage applicants of diverse abilities, backgrounds, and life experiences to apply. If you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit a cover letter (stating you found this job on Gaulin Media) and resume, along with relevant samples of your work. Applications for all current openings must be submitted through the Village Media Portal.