Location: Kamloops, British Columbia
Posted: April 5, 2021
Salary: 35,000 - 43,000
iNFOnews.ca has an immediate opening for a full-time reporter/editor in beautiful Kamloops, British Columbia.
We are a growing news organization in the B.C. Interior covering Kamloops and the Okanagan cities of Kelowna, Vernon and Penticton. The successful candidate will live in Kamloops. We work individually and as a team to break important stories that matter to our readers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for finding and pitching story ideas before researching and gathering all elements into a professional final product.
Candidates should have their own computer and camera and will be compensated. A car and phone are provided. Weekends and some evening work may be required.
Candidates will also possess
- Strong writing and photography skills
- An interest in real news and journalism
- Willingness to learn how to shoot video and do video reporting
- Develop and maintain a good network of sources and contacts
- Strong computer skills and ability to interact with the public
- An ability to meet deadlines, communicate well with senior staff and work unsupervised
Interested candidates should send a resume, including samples of online work, links to news stories and a list of websites and other online sources that demonstrate their skills, relevant experience and abilities. We prefer local candidates or someone with local knowledge.
References must show applicants have the minimum required experience, can be flexible to changing work needs and are team players.
Experience is preferred but we can also help train you to get you started in your career. Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews. Apply early, decisions may be made before job closing.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Familiarity with the Adobe Suite of products
- Training in journalism or relevant experience preferred
Please send a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Job Board and resume to:
Web address: http://infonews.ca