The Registrar Magazine
Location: anywhere in Canada, Ontario
Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: May 25, 2021
Launched on March 1, 2021, The Registrar magazine is a national digital trade publication that shares news and updates from Canadian regulatory bodies, discusses current events and issues, and profiles regulators whose careers are dedicated to protecting the public interest.
Learn more about The Registrar magazine here.
Reporting to the Editor in Chief, the Managing Editor will:
- Proofread all final content received from our writers to ensure CP style consistency and other quality controls (12-15 articles per publication).
- Participate in editorial meetings where writers can pitch ideas, identify and solve problems, and refine their skills and workflows.
- Refine our editorial processes to ensure that production and publication of content happen on an agreed-upon cadence.
Our team is looking for an outgoing and highly skilled professional with an annoying level of attention to detail. Specifically, our ideal Managing Editor will have:
- A degree in Journalism, English, or relevant discipline.
- A track record working for recognizable Canadian publications is preferred.
- At least 10 years of professional journalism experience and a minimum of three years of experience as an editor or managing editor.
- Extensive experience using CP style guidelines.
- Experience writing and/or editing stories about issues relevant to consumer protection, the Canadian professional licensing and regulatory sector, and/or government is highly desirable. More information on this sector can be found here.
We are seeking a part-time independent contractor. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and outlining their relevant experience and desired compensation - to: