Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association
Location: Milton, Ontario
Posted: March 23, 2021
We are seeking a full-time editor to join the Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association team. Working with the director of communications and publications, the editor will be responsible for producing the editorial content of Landscape Trades and Landscape Ontario magazines in print and online. Job duties include developing story and content ideas, writing, copy editing, and coordinating with freelance journalists, columnists and photographers. The editor will work closely with an in-house graphic designer to produce the publications according to strict deadlines, while also keeping an eye on annual budgets.
You are an experienced journalist with outstanding writing and editing skills. You must possess fantastic planning, organizational skills and the ability to work comfortably under pressure in a fast-paced environment. You have extensive experience developing engaging content for both print and digital, as well as a great understanding of target audiences.
A desire to stay up-to-date with the latest business practices, production techniques, trends, products and plants for those in the landscape and horticulture profession would also be an asset. Previous knowledge of family-run business or of the landscape or construction industry, as well as any experience working in a trade publication environment would also be considered assets.
- Generate and follow up on story ideas for Landscape Ontario’s print and digital platforms.
- Write articles for Landscape Ontario’s print and digital platforms.
- Copy edit content for Landscape Ontario’s print and digital platforms using Canadian Press (CP) style.
- Manage freelance content producers.
- Work closely with other departments within the association to communicate upcoming events and initiatives and report on them once they have passed.
- Occasional travel to events throughout the province
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Two weeks vacation.
- Health benefits.
- Matching RSP program.
- Working from home during pandemic, as advised by public health guidelines.
- A beautifully renovated modern office space.
- Reports to the Director of Communications and Publications
- Minimum five years of journalism experience.
- Experience working as an editor.
- University degree or related education journalism.
- Experience using Google Workplace.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, and best practices for content development and community engagement.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proven ability to generate content for a variety of audiences.
- Highly organized and able to plan editorial content across multiple platforms.
- Comfortable working in a complex team environment where many people are competing for their time and expertise.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro) is an asset.
- A dynamic team player who is diplomatic, customer-service oriented and able to resolve conflicts.
Please apply through our job post on Indeed
- stating in your application that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.
For more information, contact:
7856 Fifth Line S
Tel: (647) 292-7455