|Reporter - Municipal
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Posted: March 18, 2021
Village Media is searching for a talented and experienced journalist to fill a full-time position in Cambridge, Ontario, for our rapidly growing network of local news and information websites.
Our journalists are driven to find stories that matter to our community and are dedicated to fairness, accuracy and ethics.
The successful candidate for this position has a passion for, and expertise in, covering municipal council and is able to quickly get to the crux of the story that highlights impact to the community. They relish chasing down a breaking news story and relaying it to readers as it happens. The ideal candidate isn’t afraid to ask tough questions when required and is committed to watchdog journalism.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Degree or diploma in journalism, or related experience;
- A minimum of three years of experience as a reporter with a news organization;
- Superior language, writing and editing skills;
- Strong photography skills;
- Works well independently, but also enjoys working with a team;
- Able to work a flexible schedule when required, including nights and weekends;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines;
- A valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle;
- Willingness to relocate to Cambridge, Ontario;
- Familiarity with Cambridge and area will be considered a strong asset.
About Village Media:
Village Media is an ever-expanding network of local news and community websites. We focus on providing local stories written by local journalists in the communities we serve. In addition to local news, our sites offer weather, events, obituaries and a wide range of community information. We are proud members of the cities where we operate. We support local events and charitable causes and recognize our neighbours’ achievements. We are more than just news: Village Media is all about community.
To apply, please submit a cover letter (stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board) and resume, along with relevant samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.