|Reporter - Community Issues
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Posted: March 18, 2021
Village Media is searching for a talented and experienced journalist to fill a full-time position in Cambridge, Ontario, for our rapidly growing network of local news and information websites.
Our journalists are driven to find stories that matter to our community and are dedicated to fairness, accuracy and ethics.
The successful candidate for this position is a reporter who loves to write about a wide variety of topics and is motivated to engage the public on issues affecting the community while exploring concepts like Solutions Journalism and working to dig deeper than the day-to-day cycle of traditional news.
They know that a good interview is often a good conversation and know when to ask the tough questions, but also when to listen. The ideal candidate has exceptional writing skills and is willing to put in the extra effort and research to deliver an engaging story. They will also be passionate about their own photography.
- Degree or diploma in journalism, or a related field;
- Superior language, writing and editing skills;
- Strong photography skills;
- Some photography and associated editing software experience;
- Able to work a variety of schedules, including evenings, nights and some weekends;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure;
- A valid driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle;
- Willingness to relocate to Cambridge, Ontario
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit a cover letter stating you found this on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board and resume, along with relevant samples of your work to email@example.com.
About Village Media:
Village Media is an ever-expanding network of local news and community websites. We focus on providing local stories written by local journalists in the communities we serve. In addition to local news, our sites offer weather, events, obituaries and a wide range of community information. We are proud members of the cities where we operate. We support local events and charitable causes and recognize our neighbours’ achievements. We are more than just news: Village Media is all about community.