Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: February 23, 2021
NEWS EDITOR, REALSCREEN
Realscreen, the foremost global authority on the international non-fiction and unscripted screen content industry, is looking for a news editor to join its editorial team in Toronto, Canada.
In addition to our quarterly print magazine, Realscreen publishes up-to-the-minute news and analysis for its readership via Realscreen.com and produces two market-leading conferences in addition to a highly successful awards show celebrating the best in global non-fiction and unscripted screen content.
We are looking for a news editor to develop, assign and edit a daily line-up, as well as contribute stories. If you know how to apply a business lens to identify the issues, trends and ideas that would be most relevant to industry readers, and have a tenacious appetite for uncovering and breaking news, we want to hear from you.
- two+ years experience working in an editing position at a magazine, website or newspaper
- business writing background is an asset
- strong time management and organizational skills
- experience and comfort with establishing and maintaining key editorial relationships with exec-level contacts
- demonstrated ability to independently manage a team and beat coverage, with responsibility for generating story ideas, research, writing/assigning and editing/proofing
- team player attitude, must be comfortable working on a small editorial team
- clever and authoritative editorial voice
- strong editorial standards and sound judgment
- an eye for detail and copy consistency
- inside knowledge of the international non-fiction film and television industry would be an asset
To apply, please send ALL of the following, along with salary expectations, to Realscreen editor and content director Barry Walsh, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- your résumé and cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Board
- three professional writing samples with your byline
- three feature story ideas that would be relevant for Realscreen readers
- Links to published work or an online portfolio are welcomed.
Brunico Communications Ltd. is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment (if applicable) process as required under Brunico Communications Ltd.’s Accessibility policies and procedures. Applicants must make their accommodation needs known upon requests for interviews.
#100 - 366 Adelaide St. West
Web address: http://www.realscreen.com