Location: Moosomin, Saskatchewan
Posted: February 20, 2021
We are looking for a talented journalist to join our team producing three growing, independently owned newspapers covering southeast Saskatchewan and southwest Manitoba. The World-Spectator is an award-winning newspaper that has proudly served Southeast Saskatchewan and Southwest Manitoba since 1884 with a focus on solid journalism and community news. Plain and Valley is our regional publication reaching 28,000 households. Ag News is our newest publication focusing on agriculture issues.
We are looking for a full-time journalist who is passionate about their field and excited to dig in tell the stories of the communities we cover.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a new journalist or graduate looking to broaden their knowledge and gain experience, as you will be covering a wide range of stories and topics, including municipal, provincial and federal politics, community news, business stories, feature stories, ag news, industry-related stories, Indigenous news, and more.
As part of our news team, you will be working with and reporting to an editor with over 30 years of experience and an associate editor with over 20 years experience, both with a passion for serving the community and providing a source of news that our readers count on and look forward to weekly.
Successful applicants must have:
- A degree or diploma in journalism, or equivalent experience
- Writing samples showing an ability to cover a range of topics
- Strong news judgment and solid interviewing skills
- The ability to maintain relationships with your sources
- A positive attitude, willingness to learn, and take editorial direction
- Ability to work independently and generate story ideas
- Proficiency in CP style
- Some skill in photography
- Knowledge of InDesign would be an asset
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan.
Please send resumes and writing samples - along with a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
714 Main Street
Tel: (306) 435-2445