Location: San Francisco, International
Posted: October 30, 2020
Deadline: December 18, 2020
About the Company
Career Karma is a US-based community of peers, mentors, and coaches that helps people land their dream job in tech. For example, we help people who want to become software engineers by matching them with the right coding bootcamp and supporting them throughout their careers.
To inspire and inform burgeoning tech professionals, we run a blog on our website that covers a range of topics from highly technical posts to general career or educational advice.
Career Karma wants to re-skill America and aid all individuals and communities to access high-paying tech jobs. Just as we mentor our members, we have a strong management team to support, encourage, and guide our employees.
By landing a job with Career Karma, you will gain access to a collaborative work environment that values employee input and strives to fulfill your individual needs. Career Karma cultivates strong camaraderie within its remote workforce and hires freelancers who can commit to engaging with the company using Slack.
The Job: Content Writer
Are you a content writer looking for steady freelance work? Career Karma is looking for reliable and thoughtful writers to produce articles in education, career, and tech niches.
The Ideal Candidate:
1) Can commit to writing 7-10 articles per week (1,000-2,000 words each).
2) Is a strong researcher able to write proficiently and thoughtfully on subjects s/he may be unfamiliar with.
3) Is looking for something more long-term and is willing to engage with a great team of writers and editors using Slack and Zoom.
4) Values accuracy and submitting polished writing on weekly deadline cycles.
- Draft compelling and SEO-rich copy based on our researched keyword profile
- Research technical topics to write authoritative content to clearly explain your subject and outrank other pages on the web
- Meet weekly deadlines by researching assignments and then filing pristine copy while managing multiple assignments
- Attend a weekly staff writers’ meeting and a bi-weekly 1:1 meeting with the managing editor
- Engage and communicate with editors to ensure deliverables are met
- Proven experience in professional writing, journalism, or blogging
- Familiar with the following applications: Google Docs/Drive, Slack, Zoom, ClickUp, SEMrush, and INK
- Familiar with SEO best practices
- Ability to write technical information in a professional yet friendly tone
- Ability to use identified keywords to SEO optimize all submitted copy
- Ability to source photos for posts and include relevant internal and external links within copy using accurate and optimized anchor text
- Sharp writing and editing skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with team members, often across international time zones
- Three writing samples of published content
- Links to social media profiles or portfolios.
Salary commensurate with experience; starting at $10 per 500 words.
Career Karma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.